Here is how you can connect Compass Wave and ZenMaid. This process shows how you can automatically create a new customer in ZenMaid whenever someone uses your Compass Wave estimate tool through a Zapier zap.
Step 1: Log in to ZenMaid, and Compass Wave.
- Prepare your integrations by logging in your account for ZenMaid and Compass Wave.
- Open each software on separate tabs.
Step 2: Connect your ZenMaid account to your Zapier.
- For Zapier, go to zenmaid.com/zapier/ then click on the Connect button under Step 3.
- On the next page, click on the Start using ZenMaid now! button then Accept Invite & Build a Zap button.
Step 3: Make your Zap.
- Clicking on the Accept Invite & Build a Zap button will redirect you back to the Zapier page. Click on the Make a Zap! button on the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- On the When this happens ... stage, search for Webhooks using the search bar then click on the icon named Webhooks by Zapier.
- This will show the trigger option. Expand the drop down menu under Choose Trigger Event option then select Catch Hook.
- Press Continue. Zapier will then give you a Custom Webhook URL. Copy it.
- Go to your Compass Wave account. Go to Settings > Tools.
- Click on Integrations under the Estimate Tool section.
- Paste the link you copied from Zapier under the field Zapier Webhook URL then click on Save Changes.
- Next up, create a data for the zap you're creating to find it. Click the link to your Estimating Tool on the next page.
- Fill out the fields as you go and hit the Continue button. At the final step, click on the Get Estimate! button.
- Go back to Zapier and hit the Continue button.
- Click the Test & Continue button in the Find Data Zapier section.
- On the next stage of the zap (2. Do this ...), search for ZenMaid under the Choose App & Event field. Make sure you select the ZenMaid (1.3.0) on the search results.
- Choose Create Customer under the Choose Action Event then hit Continue.
- Next, choose your account and hit Continue again.
Step 4: Customize your customer fields.
- After choosing your ZenMaid account, customize your customer.
- As you go through each field, be sure to click on the link icon highlighted below and select the corresponding field under the Catch Hook options.
- After going through each line, click the Continue button.
- Have another go by clicking on the Test & Review button.
- It should show up as "Test was successful!". Click on the Retest & Continue button.
Step 5: Fill
Split your customer's first name and last name.
- Zapier will require that you specify the customer's first name and last name separately. However, Compass Wave captures it as a whole.
- You would now then need to make a simple customization by going a step back and add an extra step after the first one. Scroll up and click on the '+' button.
- After clicking on the add step button, select Formatter.
- Under the Choose Action Event, click on Text then hit Continue.
- Under the Transform field, type in 'split' then select Split Text.
- Choose your Input as Name.
- Now, skip until the Segment Index and select All (as Separate Fields) for it.
- Hit Continue then Test & Continue.
- You may now then go forward to the Customize Customer step and select the output item under the Text selection (instead of the Catch Hook option) for your customer's first name and last name fields.
Step 6: Finish your Zap.
- Click on the Done Editing button.
- Don't forget to turn on your Zap using the toggle button found on the upper right corner of the screen.
- You may check on your ZenMaid account if the test data went through and created a new customer in your account.
connect zenmaid to compass wave, sync zenmaid with compass wave, connect compass wave to zenmaid, sync compass wave with zenmaid, zapier compass wave, zenmaid compass wave, create new customer from compass wave estimate, create zenmaid new customer using compass wave estimate, create new customer using compass wave booking
Updated by Mina on 02/12/2020.