This article shows you a workaround on how you can plot your holiday hours, cleaner's availability (such as time-off, vacation, lunch breaks), or even company time off.
Option 1: Create a Task.
- From your Zenmaid dashboard, go to your Calendar.
- Click on the Actions button located on the upper left corner of the screen and select Create a Task.
- A new pop-up window will appear on the right part of the screen.
- Name the task relevant to the event you'd like to plot under the Task field and type in additional details in the Note field.
- Don't forget to select the date you want to plot this task on under the Due field.
- Hit on the Create button to create the task.
- You will now be able to see the task on your calendar on the Tasks row.
- If you need a recurring task, just click on the Set to repeat button before creating a task and choose the frequency (daily, weekly, every two weeks, monthly, custom).
- Tasks are a great and quick way to plot events that last the entire day. In this case, events like half-day time-offs and lunch breaks are best plotted in the calendar using the next option.
Option 2: Create a Fake Appointment.
Create your fake customer.
- From your Zenmaid dashboard, create a new dummy customer by going to Contacts > Add New Contact.
- Come up with your fake customer's name. Make sure it implies the event you want to plot on your calendar to block it off (like Holiday, Sick Leave, Vacation Leave, Time-Off, Lunch Break, etc.).
- Add at least one fake address to this dummy profile for smooth dummy appointment creation.
- Don't forget to save your new fake customer by hitting on the Save button at the bottom.
Create a status for your events.
- After that, go to Settings > Calendar.
- Go to the Status section and click on the +Add Status button.
- Name the new appointment status relevant to you so that it would let you know that it's for the fake account/s you made to block off your calendar (like Holiday, Sick Leave, Vacation Leave, Time-Off, Lunch Break, etc.).
- Drag it down so it does not set as the default status when you create new appointments.
- Pick a color if you'd like. Also, don't forget to click on the "+" icon and tick on/off the following items:
-Make sure to check for Show by Default in Calendar? field so it gives you visibility on the calendar.
-Make sure to uncheck Put in Work Order? so the fake appointment won't be counted and sent out as a work order.
-Make sure to check Use to calculate scheduling conflicts? so it will let you know if a cleaner is unavailable to be assigned on a real appointment (as you would assign him/her on the dummy appointment for this to work).
-Make sure you uncheck the field Include in payroll? so it won't be accounted for in your payroll. Accrual for paid time off can be done through an independent spreadsheet linked to exported payroll reports.
-Make sure you uncheck Include in Revenue Reports? so it don't mess up with your revenue reports.
- Once you're done, click on the Save Changes button at the bottom.
Create an appointment on the day/s you want to block your calendar off for time-offs, holidays, etc.
- Go to your Calendar.
- Create a new appointment on the day and time you want to plot your event using the dummy customer you created.
- Assign the relevant employee/employees for the event.
- Specify the start and end time.
- Before creating the appointment, change its Status into the one you created.
- Finally, click on the Create Appointment button.
plot time off, plot holiday, plot leave, plot sick leave, block calendar, block day, block employee, employee availability, employee on leave, employee leave, plot break, plot lunch break, employee lunch break, employee break, lunch break clock in, lunch break clock out
Created and updated by Mina on 12/03/2019.