Here's a step-by-step process on how you can start charging your customer's credit card using Zenmaid's Stripe integration.
- Click on Settings. (This is the icon gear) and click Integrations.
- On the next page, on Stripe Integration, click on How to use this integration? button.
- Click the Active button and then enter your Stripe API Secret and Public keys and click Save Changes. Click hereto know how you can obtain your Stripe Live API Keys.
- You can obtain your keys when you go to Developers > API Keys from your Stripe account.
- Your Publishable Key (from Stripe) should be pasted under the field STRIPE API PUBLIC KEY in ZenMaid.
- Your Secret Key (from Stripe) should be pasted under the field STRIPE API SECRET KEY.
- You should then be able to see the option to add credit card in your customer’s records from the Contact page.
- You may now enter your bank statement descriptor and charge description under the Default Bank Statement Descriptor field and Default Charge Description.
IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES WITH THE INTEGRATION (STRIPE NOT WORKING DUE TO TEST MODE):
Cannot charge Credit Card
- Go to your Stripe account.
- Uncheck "View Test Data".
- This will produce a different API key. Go to API keys and copy and paste these into Zenmaid.
- The key will have sk_live or pk_live at the beginning.
- Click on the top right of this picture to zoom
- Click here for a step-by-step instructions on how to solve this issue.
- ZM/Stripe does not Pre-Authorize CCs (put holds on $$).
- Stripe only checks if the CC is real.
- New and current customers can use the booking form to add their card on file. Click here for a walkthrough.
- A one month payment option for weekly cleanings can be done in bulk actions where all invoices are charged on one day. Or you can have the total pricing to be charged on only one of the 4/5 appointments.
- ZM does not integrate with third party software (Payment Sense etc) that uses Stripe and provides API keys.
Credit card, payment, billing, Stripe, process card charge, process credit card payment, Stripe, stripe integration, credit card, stripe API, Credit Card Processing, Stripe
Updated by Mina on 12/11/2019.