You would need an activated Stripe account before you can generate a live API key. A live API key will let you integrate your Stripe account with your Zenmaid account so you can charge your customer's card.
Step 1: Activate your Stripe account.
- If you're sure that your Stripe account is already activated, proceed to step 2.
- Log in to your Stripe account.
- On the dashboard, click on the "Activate your account" on the left panel.
- Fill out the fields.
- Once all fields are filled out, scroll down and click on "Activate Account" button.
Step 2: Generating your API key.
- After your account goes live, click on the Developers > "API Keys" on the left panel.
- Make sure that the keys showing on the next page are your live API keys.
- You can do this by toggling the "View test data" switch off.
- It would show gray if it's toggled off.
- If your account isn't activated yet, the only API keys you will see would be your test API keys. Live keys require account activation first.
- Once you're sure you're viewing your live keys, look for your "Secret Key" and click on "Reveal live key token".
- The key will have sk_live or pk_live at the beginning.
- Now that you have your live Publishable key and live Secret key, you're all ready to integrate your Stripe account with your Zenmaid account. To do that, please refer to this article.
Stripe, stripe account, stripe account activation, credit card, stripe API
Created by Mina on 10/11/2019.